1. There will be NO general Saratoga CERT membership meeting in July – the next general membership meeting will be in September. There will be a CERT Leadership meeting on July 25th (details below) to discuss plans and budgets and the like – regular CERT members are welcome to attend.
2. New Disaster Service Worker (DSW) card process –everyonewithout a card or with an old card should follow the new process:
Crystal Bothelio in the Saratoga City Manager’s Office is responsible for issuing DSW cards. You can make an appointment to get your photo ID taken by contacting her at email@example.com 408-868-1269. Alternatively, photos that meet the following criteria can be emailed to her. Once created, the ID card can be mailed to you or picked up from City Hall at 13777 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga during regular business hours.The new cards will carry no expiration date.
ID Photo Criteria: Photo shows your full face Photo should be taken with shoulders and face directly positioned towards the camera (do not angle your face or body and no selfies) Photo should be clear and well lit (without shadows obscuring your face)Use a neutral, plain, and solid colored background for the photo (such as a wall)Do not digitally alter the photo (no filters).
3. Saratoga Car Show Signups – we especially need help for the afternoon slots!
One of the most enjoyable and historical events in Saratoga, the Saratoga Classic Car Show, is happening July 28th. This event draws thousands of people and is a prime opportunity to be in the booth to give out CERT flyers and minor first aid. The CERT booth will be located next to the Chamber of Commerce office in downtown Saratoga. Available shifts are listed below. Please contact Jessica Fullmer at firstname.lastname@example.org by text at 408-348-3201 to let her know which shift you can volunteer for.
Set Up 8:30-9:30; Booth 9:30-1:00; Booth 1:00-4:00; Tear Down 4:00-5:00 – We especially need help with Set-up and Tear down (and at least one person in each of those shifts that have key access to the CorpYardBase CERT trailer).
4. Saratoga CERT/SARA Ham Joint Picnic – Saturday, August 17th – 12:00 noon until 4:00 pm
Sponsors: Saratoga Amateur Radio Association (SARA) & Saratoga CERTInvitees: Saratoga area ham operators and their families & Saratoga area CERT members and their familiesWhere: Warner Hutton House, 13777 Fruitvale Ave, Saratoga, CA 95070Contact: Ron Jones AJ6EG — 408 316-0854 — email@example.com
5. PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff Program – As part of PG&E’s efforts to reduce wildfire risk, PG&E has announced their Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) program. PG&E is expected to shut off power on days with a high risk of wildfire, and they suggest preparing for outages that could last longer than two days. Outages can impact any PG&E customer, regardless of whether they live in a high fire-threat area. Visitwww.saratoga.ca.us/PSPSto learn what you can expect and how to prepare. For additional wildfire preparedness tips, visit www.sccfd.org/rsg
CERT Leadership Team Meeting – Thursday, July 25 – 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Recreation Portable, Joan Pisani Community Center19655 Allendale Avenue, Saratoga 95070
CERT @ Saratoga Car Show – Sunday, July 28. Contact Jessica Fullmer to volunteer
CERT/SARA Picnic – Saturday, Aug. 17 – 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Warner Hutton House, 13777 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga CA 95070. Contact Ron Jones or Jessica Fullmer for details or to volunteer
Ham Cram (Amateur Radio Technician Class Course and Test) Saturday, Aug. 24 – 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. – 15900 Los Gatos Boulevard, Los Gatos Details & Registration – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ham-cram-fcc-amateur-radio-license-in-one-day-tickets-53778356512
Santa Clara County Refresher Course – Fire Safety and Utility Hazard– September 19 – Los Gatos
CERT General Membership Meeting – Thursday, September 26 – 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Recreation Portable, Joan Pisani Community Center19655 Allendale Avenue, Saratoga 95070
Santa Clara Countywide Communications Exercise – Saturday, September 28, 2019 – 08:00 am until 02:00 pm – Edith Morley Park, 615 Campbell Technology Pkwy, Campbell, CA – Contact: Ron Jones AJ6EG — 408 316-0854 — firstname.lastname@example.org
FRS Radio Quick Setup Guide — Check out the Quick Setup Guide for FRS radioscreated by Peter.
Online ICS and NIMS Classes (100.c & 700.b) — Visit the Saratoga CERT Resourcespage for ICS and NIMS course material and resources.
Free ICS 400 Class – December 2019 — Santa Clara County Office of Emergency Management is holding a free ICS 400 class on December 3 and 4. This class can be difficult to find locally. Register by November 28
CERT Yahoo Group — Join the Saratoga CERT Yahoo Groupto get announcements and information sent directly by Saratoga CERT members