Dear Earthquake Country Alliance Bay Area Associates and Colleagues,
Earthquake Country Alliance of the Bay Area will be holding its next workshop as a special webinar on Tuesday, May 19, 2020, from 10:00am to 11:30am.
Join us as we address the impact of concurrent disasters: What if an earthquake occurred during a pandemic? The program includes presentations on Emergency Management During COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons Learned for Future Shocks by Mary Ellen Carroll (Executive Director of the San Francisco Department of Emergency Management) and COVID-19 as a Teachable Moment for Inclusive (DAFN) Communities by Roxann Crawford of FEMA. Other topics are listed below.
Please register to participate, and also share this invite with others who might be interested!
DATE: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
TIME: 10:00am – 11:30am. Please join the webinar a few minutes early to ensure you have access.
· Presentation: Emergency Management During COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons Learned for Future Shocks – Mary Ellen Carroll, Executive Director of the San Francisco Department of Emergency Management
· Presentation: COVID-19 as a Teachable Moment for Inclusive (DAFN) Earthquake Preparedness – Roxann Crawford, FEMA
· Presentation: Engaging Your CERT Teams – Chief David Cosgrave, San Mateo County Fire
· Secure Your Space: Be Safer at Home While Safe at Home – Mark Benthien, Southern California Earthquake Center
· Announcement of 2020 ECA Bay Area Mini Awards recipients
· ECA Resources, Updates, Announcements
REGISTRATION: Register here for the webinar.
Workshop updates will be posted here.
If you have any questions, email bayarea@EarthquakeCountry.org.
ECA Bay Area Coordinating Committee Chairs
Bob Beecher, Cisco
Dena Gunning, Central County Fire Department
Daniel Homsey, City and County of San Francisco
Earthquake Country Alliance of the Bay Area