- This event has passed.
CERT Refresher – Fire Safety & Utility Hazard
June 20, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
This CERT Refresher, Fire Safety & Utility Hazards, will focus on the CERT volunteers ability to identify utility hazards in the home, workplace, and if activated for an emergency.
An update on portable fire extinguisher types, use and safety will also be reviewed.
We will also have the majority of the class being run by Frank Fraone, Senior Public Safety Specialist with PG&E.
Topics to be covered include:
- Gas and Electric infrastructure components and how they operate
- Identifying Utility Hazards & Risks
- Recognizing an emergency
- National Pipeline Mapping System
- Parking at scene of incident
- Do’s and Don’ts at the scene
- Isolating and denying entry
- Step and touch potential
- Making contact with energized sources, such as cable, phone, and other utility lines
- Where is the migrtating gas accumulating
- Secondary ignition sources
- Keeping the utilities safe
- 811 Call before you dig
For additional information please contact your CERT Leadership or visit the Santa Clara County Fire Department web site at: www.SCCFD.org
- June 20, 2018
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Town of Los Altos Hills
26379 Fremont Road
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022 United States + Google Map
- (408) 378-4010