This course provides resources for mitigation
activities fundamental to reduce and eliminate long-term hazard risks.
Participants will understand their roles and responsibilities to develop and
implement a mitigation strategy to reduce the impact of disasters.
In this course, participants will learn the tools and techniques for developing
or enhancing an all-hazard emergency operations plan.
The core curriculum includes the following subjects:
• Mitigation Plan issues in natural and human-caused disasters
• The development of the Local Hazard Mitigation Plan (LHMP)
• The Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
• The Hazard Analysis Process
• The State of California Hazard Mitigation Plan
• The Role of FEMA in Mitigation
• The Role of the State of California in Mitigation