- This event has passed.
Saratoga CERT Skills Building – Triage / Medical Ops
August 24, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Saratoga CERT members come together to refresh their skills and to learn new ones. This month we will review triage and medical operations, led by our own Lori Stafford.
The need for CERTs to learn disaster medical operations is based on two assumptions:
- The number of victims could exceed the local capacity for treatment
- Survivors will attempt to assist others. CERT members will need to know lifesaving first aid or post-disaster survival techniques.
CERT medical operations can play a vital role in limiting death from trauma. In a disaster there may be more victims than rescuers, and assistance from medical professionals may not be immediately available. CERT personnel are trained to be part of disaster medical operations and to provide:
- Treatment for life-threatening conditions
- The greatest good for the greatest number of people by conducting simple triage and rapid treatment
- August 24, 2017
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Event Tags:
- Michael Taylor
- Saratoga Recreation Portable @ Joan Pisani Community Center
19655 Allendale Avenue
Saratoga, CA 95070 United States + Google Map