- ICS-214 Unit log
- ICS-221 Demobiilization Checkout
- Damage Assessment Form
- Search and Rescue Checklist
- Victim Treatment Area Record
- First Responder tips about people with disabilities
- Contents of your CERT Backpack
- Key Points Head-to-Toe Asessment
- Palo Alto CERT Field Operation Guides (FOGs)
Local Ham Radio Organizations
- SARA – Saratoga Amateur Radio Association
- Script for SARA 2m ham net control (Sunday nights at 9pm)
- SVVE – Silicon Valley VE Group
- SVECS – Silicon Valley Emergency Communications System
- Santa Clara County OES ARES/RACES
- Los Gatos/Monte Sereno ARES/RACES Emergency Service – Ham Cram Courses
FEMA Course Material
- IS-100.B: Introduction to Incident Command SystemICS 100, Introduction to the Incident Command System, introduces the Incident Command System (ICS) and provides the foundation for higher level ICS training. This course describes the history, features and principles, and organizational structure of the Incident Command System. It also explains the relationship between ICS and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An IntroductionThis course introduces and overviews the National Incident Management System (NIMS). NIMS provides a consistent nationwide template to enable all government, private-sector, and nongovernmental organizations to work together during domestic incidents.
- CERT Training Videos
Santa Clara County Fire Department – Be Prepared
- Be Ready: Seniors Prepared!
Learn about the disaster risks where you live, safety steps to take during a disaster, and how you can plan for disasters ahead of time. The creation of a Personal Support Network of family, friends, and neighbors will be emphasized.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
In the event of an area wide disaster, critical infrastructure and emergency services will be impacted. The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) academy trains residents to prepare for and respond to life-threatening events in their community. CERT members can mobilize neighborhood resources, deliver immediate assistance to victims, organize emergency communications and provide support to first responders.2018 CERT Academy Schedules:
Los Altos Hills CERT (March)
Saratoga CERT (May)
Cupertino CERT (July)
Los Altos CERT (September)
Los Gatos/Monte Sereno CERT (October/November)
- Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP)
Learn how to prepare to be on your own for several days after the next large disaster. Training includes review of disaster supply kit, home and workplace preparedness, treating life threatening conditions, fire prevention, fire extinguishers and hazardous materials.
- School Emergency Planning & Safety
Disasters come in many forms and can occur anywhere at any time. Disasters can be natural causes such as earthquakes, fires, floods, and severe storms to human-made causes such as an active shooter and chemical spills. Knowing how to react and respond in a time of crisis is critical. School emergency preparedness efforts and emergency plans can help keep students and staff safe.