Saratoga CERT Operational Documents
- DSW Card Issuance – [Revised June 2019]
- Crystal Bothelio in the Saratoga City Manager’s Office will be responsible for issuing DSW cards. You can make an appointment to get your photo ID taken by contacting her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-868-1269.
- Alternatively, photos that meet the following criteria can be emailed to her. Once created, the ID card can be mailed to you or picked up from City Hall at 13777 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga during regular business hours.
- ID Photo Criteria:
- Photo shows your full face
- Photo should be taken with shoulders and face directly positioned towards the camera (do not angle your face or body and no selfies)
- Photo should be clear and well lit (without shadows obscuring your face)
- Use a neutral, plain, and solid colored background for the photo (such as a wall)
- Do not digitally alter the photo (no filters)
- The new cards will carry no expiration date.
- Generator Maintenance
- Communications Plan
Local Ham Radio Organizations
- SARA – Saratoga Amateur Radio Association
- Script for SARA 2m ham net control (Sunday nights at 9pm)
- SVVE – Silicon Valley VE Group
- Silicon Valley Emergency Communications System
- Santa Clara County OES ARES/RACES
- Los Gatos/Monte Sereno ARES/RACES Emergency Service – Ham Cram Courses
Saratoga Civic Center Maps
Santa Clara County
- CERT Refresher Material – 2021
- CERT Basic Training – Participant Manual (2019)
- Santa Clara County Fire Department – CERT Refresher Course: Disaster Preparedness
- Los Altos CERT Skills Refresh Training Web Page – includes sign ups for future session and recordings of past sessions
- Disaster Supply Kit
- Family Emergency Plan
- 12 WAYS TO PREPARE
- Family Communication Plan
- Make a Go Bag
- PETS IN DISASTERS
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Academy
In the event of an area wide disaster, critical infrastructure and emergency services will be impacted. The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) academy trains residents to prepare for and respond to life-threatening events in their community. CERT members can mobilize neighborhood resources, deliver immediate assistance to victims, organize emergency communications and provide support to first responders.
- Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP)
Learn how to prepare to be on your own for several days after the next large disaster. Training includes review of disaster supply kit, home and workplace preparedness, treating life threatening conditions, fire prevention, fire extinguishers and hazardous materials. 2019 Flyer
- Be Ready: Seniors Prepared!
Learn about the disaster risks where you live, safety steps to take during a disaster, and how you can plan for disasters ahead of time. The creation of a Personal Support Network of family, friends, and neighbors will be emphasized.
- ICS-214 Unit log
- ICS-221 Demobiilization Checkout
- Damage Assessment Form
- Search and Rescue Checklist
- Victim Treatment Area Record
FEMA Course Material
- IS-100.C: Introduction to Incident Command System – ICS 100, Introduction to the Incident Command System, introduces the Incident Command System (ICS) and provides the foundation for higher level ICS training. This course describes the history, features and principles, and organizational structure of the Incident Command System. It also explains the relationship between ICS and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- IS-700.B: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction –This course provides an overview of the National Incident Management System (NIMS). The National Incident Management System defines the comprehensive approach guiding the whole community – all levels of government, nongovernmental organizations (NGO), and the private sector – to work together seamlessly to prevent, protect against, mitigate, respond to, and recover from the effects of incidents. The course provides learners with a basic understanding of NIMS concepts, principles, and components.
- CERT Training Videos
- First Responder tips about people with disabilities (5th edition)
- Contents of your CERT Backpack
- Saratoga CERT Flyers
- Key Points Head-to-Toe Asessment
- Santa Clara County Emergency Preparedness Calendar
- Disaster Preparedness for Dog and Cat Owners (Flyer)
- County of Santa Clara Large Animal Evacuation Team (Downloads)
- Palo Alto CERT Field Operation Guides (FOGs)